Congratulations to Our 2023 Internal Recognition Award Winners
Join us in congratulating the recipients of Mbroh Engineering’s 2023 Internal Recognition Awards. These staff members were nominated by their fellow Mbroh team members for their dedication and service to the company, their outstanding work as team members, and their efforts in going above-and-beyond for our clients. In early December, awards were given to the following employees at our Holiday Party in Dallas. Keep reading below to learn about each recipient’s outstanding efforts.
Mbroh Engineering recognizes employees for their years of service in five-year increments.
- Shannon Looper – Recognized for five years of service. His work crosses many areas of our company that include IT, programming, and onsite inspection and project work.
Outstanding Team Member Awards
This award recognized team members from each office for their outstanding contributions related to teamwork, positive attitude, willingness to help and “go the extra mile.”
Corey Rosenthal – Houston Office
- Corey’s nomination noted his positive attitude, ability to help on projects, and multi-tasking abilities.
- He also received positive feedback on his skills in communicating across large teams and groups of stakeholders and dedication to clients onsite.
Maryam Mehdipour – Dallas Office
Attributes in Maryam’s nomination included: teamwork, positive attitude, willingness to help, working together with office colleagues and going the “extra mile.”
- Nominations from her peers also shared that she has excellent teamwork skills, great ideas and knowledge in her area of speciality, and the ability to meet deadlines while helping others with their work.
Ernie Mbroh – Oklahoma City Office
Ernie’s nomination noted her skills relating to teamwork, positive attitude, willingness to help, working together with office colleagues, and going the “extra mile.”
- Her peers also shared examples of her positive outlook, willingness to lend an extra hand, ability to meet milestones and maintain team communication, and her encouraging attitude.
Most Well-Rounded Professional Awards
This award recognizes individuals who stepped outside of his/her work duties and exemplified an attitude to support others through listening, coaching, collaborating and participating in activities outside the office such as community service, industry presentations/activities and education/mentoring programs. In 2023, we had three awards across the company for the following individuals:
- Veronica Weaver-Rivers, PE – Veronica joined Mbroh in earlier this year as our Houston Region Client Officer, and she hasn’t stopped for a minute since she walked in the door. Veronica represents our company at countless industry conferences, council meetings and professional association meetings on a weekly basis. She has become a familiar face in the Houston Region, connecting Mbroh with new connections and project opportunities, as well as strengthening existing relationships. In addition, Veronica serves as Chair for the Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Committee for WEAT Southeast Texas’ Chapter. Her nominations also noted her personality, attitude and positive spirit, as well as her enthusiasm, passion and dedication to her profession. She is a dedicated leader in her field and a mentor to others in our office.
- Roger Williamson, PE – Roger is one of our Dallas Engineering Managers and is a leader to our engineers for projects and internal learning, exhibiting patience and guidance in advising our team and clients. Earlier this year, he helped create and explain a filing system for company wide consistency. He’s also a steady force on our team, and he is an excellent listener, coach and collaborator. Roger is involved on the I&C committee of WEAT North Texas and has participated and moderated numerous presentations for the organization. His nomination noted that he treats others with respect, expresses a positive attitude, and provides outstanding leadership on projects and mentorship to colleagues.
- Sara DeMark – Sara serves as our Chief Administrative Officer and handles countless corporate and operational tasks on a daily basis. After joining the Mbroh Team in 2022, Sara has been instrumental in building our company culture, engaging employees in our offices, and organizing and encouraging participation in team building activities. She also implemented Mbroh’s new timekeeping and accounting system for streamlining our record keeping and increasing efficiency of our systems.
Congratulations to all of our 2023 Internal Recognition Award recipients and thank you for all you do!